Wednesday, November 11, 2015

My son is my hero, GO ARMY

I realized this morning when I was making a card, that I hadn't made a card for my son for Veteran's Day so I  knew I had the perfect sentiment from TLC.  My son is attending college and in the Army Reserves; however, he has applied to go for Active Duty.  I know that he prefers the military life which is hard for me because I think it is a great service it is just that they take away all their rights.  So I can't call when I want or visit when I have time off.  They have so many restrictions and they haven't done anything wrong unlike people who are jail who happen to have more rights.  For all the people who serve I naturally don't want any harm to come to them since I do feel that they take such a risk to defend us.
So Happy Veteran's Day to all who do or have served and to Best Wishes to their families!




Patterned Paper:  Sweet Shoppe - Can you see me now?
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Core-dinations
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Go Army
Punches:  EK Success
Spellbinder:  Star  Circle
Die:  Cherry Lynn
Ink: Memento - Rich Cocoa

Challenges
Mojo - Sketch 423
Craft your Passion - Ch. 287 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 209 Anything Goes
Crafty Boots - Remembrance

11 comments:

Michelle said...

A stunning card to mark Veterans day for your Son Lisa - I'm sure he will think this is wonderful and treasure it. Michelle x

Karen Letchworth said...

This is an awesome card to honor your son, your hero. I'm so grateful for his service to this great country. Him serving in the Army allows us to have the freedoms we enjoy. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful card in our challenge this week. Please stop by again soon, and have a blessed week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Pat K said...

Fabulous card Lisa Lynn and a wonderful tribute to your Son. hugs, Pat K xx

Unknown said...

Remembrance Day, a super way to honor your son. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 209th AG challenge! Blessings, Carole

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Fabulous card! The sketch worked perfectly for your card! And thank you to your son for his service!

Brenda

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is a wonderful card for your son! I didn't realize there were so many restrictions for military life. I hope he stays safe.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Great card and a very special post, I have never thought of the services quite like that before, which makes your card even more special.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

bymissrach said...

A big thank you from me for his service! :)

Penny said...

Fab take on the sketch for your son! Love the details!
I was a military wife and really hated it. So many restrictions. So little pay...
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Penny

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!! Amy DT

Natalie said...

Great card for Veteran's Day! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.