Monday, September 4, 2017

Back to School & a little CRABBY!

I know I said that I was finished with my Back to School cards yesterday, but I had to do just one more.  This is using the crab from 2 Cute Ink with the sentiment which fits my daughter who went back for the first day of teaching 4th Grade on Friday.  She now has to leave her pup home and has to start with a new class....and she is a little CRABBY!  She was with me for the weekend and she said she said she felt like a Mother going back to work after a maternity leave and that she was not adjusting well and I had to laugh.  I gave her some of my cards that I made because she had already received 2 presents on the first day.  She wrote cards to some of her students from last year and she is has her past students coming by to see her.
I added Glossy Accents to the glasses and apple.





Patterned Paper:  Sweet Shoppe - Sunshine & Saltwater
Cardstock:  Recollections
Stamp & Sentiment:  2 Cute Ink - School Crab
Ink:  Distress - Tumbled Glass
Glossy Accents

Challenges
Making Memories Crafting - Ch. 9 Color Board
Paper Shelter - Ch. 307 Back to School
Pattie's Creations - Ch. 138 School Days
Crazy for Challenges - C4C401 Ocean or Beach
Brown Sugar - Ch. 266 Anything Goes

11 comments:

Chrissy said...

Aww..back to school and crabby is AWESOME Lisa Lynn..your poor daughter I know how she felt leaving her fur baby behind..

Luv CHRISSYxx

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card and cute crab with the glossy eyes-great sentiment
Carol x

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Too cute Lisa Lynn! That little crab is adorable and I love the glossy accents on his glasses! Wonderful papers and a perfect sentiment!

Brenda

Shelly Schmidt said...

I need one for my daughter- also a teacher. Yes, a bit crabby after week 1. I sure hope their school years improve : )

CraftyNatalie said...

Fun card. Thanks again for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.

ELE said...

Funny!
Thanks for playing along at Brown Sugar this week.
We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Hugs
Brown Sugar DT
creativEle

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

Super cute. Thank you for submitting at Making Memories Crafting. Vicki- DT

sanpiseth40 said...

nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing.
บุนเดสลีกา

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such fun, one of my G Nieces has told me she's glad she hasn't got the back to school feeling, as she is on maternity leave. LOVE this card.
Faith
x

Vic said...

aww..this is so cute! Glad she took the sentiment in good heart... I know the feeling, I work as a teaching assistant... always feel crabby when we go back..lol :) Thanks for entering our challenge this month at Patties Creations! Vic, DT xx

Sandra DeFalco said...

Thanks for playing in our 'School Days' Challenge #138!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!