Friday, September 8, 2017

Cake makes everything better.

This adorable sweet mouse is the new image of the month for Gerda Steiner and I used a sentiment from TLC, Create.  Fall is the time of year when I always think of baking.  Yesterday I made two loaves of chocolate chip banana bread, and took one for a friend who always has low potassium and I plan to deliver the other to a friend who is caring for his wife with Parkinson's later today.  I used to make them regularly for my kids and since I am alone I always find that people enjoy it and it makes me feel good to give it away.  I definitely don't need the calories, hehe.



Patterned Paper:  Sweet Shoppe - Like Father Like Son
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Core-dinations; Recollections
Stamp:  Gerda Steiner - Sweet Tooth Mouse
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Cake makes everything better
Spellbinder:  Small and large petite ovals
Flowers:  Recollections
Ribbon:  Really reasonable ribbon

Challenges
CHNC Patterned - September
Gerda Steiner - September 
Dragonfly Dreams - Patterned Paper
RRR - Ch. 171 Anything Goes with Ribbon
Creative Knockouts - Ch. 210 Something to Say
As You Like It Challenge - Flora or Fauna and why?  (Both, I have several cats, and can't believe that I would just make cards with just flora so I had to make one with both since I think we really need balance.)

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Really lovely card Lisa Lynn and sweet image. I bet your friends enjoyed your banana loaves - they sound delicious - Michelle x

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Lisa Lynn,

eine ganz zauberhafte Karte hast du gestaltet. Sie gefällt mir sehr gut. Ich wünsche dir ein wunderschönes Wochenende. Ganz liebe Grüße herzlichst Silvi

Chriss America Real said...

Cake really does make everything better! LOL this card is just adorable !

Hugs,

Chriss

Chrissy said...

He is so cute Lisa Lynn..fabulous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

Oh, this is so sweet!! That little mouse is adorable!! And yum - chocolate chip banana bread sounds delish!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Fikreta said...

this is so adorable!

Elaine Stark said...

An adorable card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute image and selection of papers-chocolate chip banana bread sounds delicious
Carol x

Loose Stitches said...

Lovely card Lisa Lynn, love the adorable image, papers and flowers. Oh my goodness, chocolate chip banana bread sounds yummy!
Big Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Edwina said...

Too cute! I love this digi. Your card is so pretty! Edwina Brown

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Cake AND your cards make everything better, what a kind thought to share your baking with friends. A Fabulous card.
Faith
x

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Lisa-Lynn!
I hope you're having a great week. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your amazing cards with us. We LOVE having you play along with us. Tomorrow is our BLOG HOP and I hope you will join the fun! Someone will win the Ribbon Club Assortment for the month. I hope to see you there!
Karen L
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Anonymous said...

hehe I know what you mean its really hard to choose between Flora and Fauna :)
Great card, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at AYLI Challenge,
hugs Samantha :0)