Saturday, September 9, 2017

Good sister or bad sister

Today I have to go to parents to celebrate my Dad's Birthday and my brother will be there with his family and my daughter will be there.  My son is in SC so he won't be able to attend.  We are having a late dinner since my parents have plans to go to a craft show during the day.  I gave both of my parents a hard time about this because my Dad will be 74 years old and said that he was at the stage in his life that he was "Waiting to die."  So I asked him, "Why are you going to a craft show, you don't need to buy anything that my brother and I will have to dispose of?"  He laughed and just said he likes to look around and see what people make and do to waste their time.  Growing up I was the good one and had the good grades and didn't get in trouble and my brother was just the opposite.  I moved away for college and never went back and my brother lives 5 miles from my parents so now the roles have reversed and he is the good one and I'm the bad one.  Funny how that works....hmmm.
For my card, I used a great image from TLC, Create.  I distressed my papers, and kept it simple with added some bling, hemp and a rose.



Patterned Paper:  Prima
Carstock:  Bazzil
Stamp:  TLC, Create - Vintage Tag Good Sister or Bad Sister
Hemptique
Flower:  Recollections
Bling:  Mark Richards
Tim Holtz Distress Tool

Challenges
CHNC Patterned - September
613 Ave Create - Ch. 201 Anything Goes with optional twist distress it
Aud Sentiments - Ch. 188 Anything Goes
Allsorts - Wk 432 Use at least 2 DPs
Crafting from the Heart - Ch. 173 Anything Goes

11 comments:

Fikreta said...

this is so great!

brenda said...

A super card with a lovely vintage feel, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Wendy L said...

Wonderful card, looks really vintage, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xxx

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Awesome card Lisa Lynn! Love the vintage feel..perfect sentiment, too! I can't believe you are the "bad child"!

Brenda

sanpiseth40 said...

Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
บุนเดสลีกา

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Lisa Lynn,

eine wunderschöne Vintage Karte. Auch die anderen Werke sind so toll geworden. Ich bin begeistert von allen Werken. Ganz liebe Grüße herzlichst Silvi

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card love the vintage tag and sentiment-belated happy birthday to your Dad and you should have hinted about craft stuff that you will be able to use
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your card is ingenious, LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Can't see you as the "bad" sister, just circumstances and location. I had 4 brothers who hardly visited my Mum, but 3 lived a LONG way away so couldn't do so, I expect you are the same. You got there on his birthday, that means a lot to them I'm sure.
Faith
x

SewPaperPaint said...

This is GORGEOUS! Such a great image! Hugs, Autumn

Creative world said...

Fabulous vintage card and awesome design ...thank you for joining us at AUD SENTIMENTS CHALLENGE this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Great project. Thank you very much for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenges this month.
Hugs, Iwona