Friday, September 29, 2017

Abundant Blessings

My Mother-in-law, surprisingly passed away yesterday morning at an Assisted Living Facility.  My husband passed away 3 1/2 years ago and now his Mother passed away.  She was a very independent woman the reason that she wasn't able to live alone anymore was that her vision was so bad that she was blind.  She had attempted several eye surgeries which were not successful.  My sister in law received the call that she took her pills this am and when they went to check on her later they found her so it appeared that she had a major heart attack or stroke.  So I wanted to send some sympathy cards to my step-daughter and step-son that live far away and I'm sure will not be able to attend their Grandmother's funeral.  So when I made the cards from this wonderful set that I just got from Unity, I also made a birthday card.  I made the card according to a video that I saw at Unity.







Cardstock:  Recollections
Velum:  Paper Studio
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
        Distress - Aged Maghony; Fired Brick
Stamps:  Unity - Abundant Blessings (see above for direct link)

Challenges
Aud Sentiments - Ch. 189 Two word sentiments
Crafty Creations - Ch. 351 Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner - Ch. 142 Anything Goes
4CC - Ch. 370 Black, white and 1 other color



11 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Sorry for your loss, sad but life is what it is and we are left behind to deal with the pain.
Lovely card and gorgeous sentiment.xx [aNNie]

Brenda's Card Corner said...

So sorry for your loss Lisa Lynn! Your cards are beautiful and I'm sure will be much appreciated!

Hugs,
Brenda

Chrissy said...

Oh, Lisa..so sorry for your loss and your cards are amazing..very striking..

Luv CHRISSYxx

crafty-stamper said...

So sorry for your loss Lisa and your cards are beautiful love the floral stamp
Carol x

Mona Pendleton said...

I am sorry for your loss Lisa. Your sympathy card is beautiful!

Chriss America Real said...

I am so sorry for your loss Lisa. These stamps are perfect for sending sympathy cards.
Hugs,
Chriss

Loose Stitches said...

I am so very sorry for your loss Lisa Lynn. Your cards are very beautiful and heartfelt!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Billie A said...

Beautiful card. Sorry for your loss and may you find comfort during this time. I am glad you shared your card over at Aud Sentiments.

Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative with Stamps
Catch the bug
Inspiration Destination
Paper Play Sketches
The Merry Christmas Challenge
sunny day crafting
pause dream enjoy
craftaholic R US

Fikreta said...

Sorry for your loss
cards are so nice
hugs

Judy V said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!

Edwina said...

Wonderful sympathy card! I love the way you added the color so it fades out. Terrific sentiment too. Edwina Brown