Friday, September 29, 2017

There's no place like HOME

I have this wonderful die set from My Favorite Things and I really struggled with what sentiment to use for the card.  I wanted a card for my stash for a new home.  It's just "my issue" because with my husband passing away I struggle whether I want to stay in my house or sell it.  There are the memories in it of raising my family and now I have done a lot of remodeling yet I feel haunted by the memories at times.  Let me tell you in a couple more weeks I will have wished I sold it when I have to rake all the leaves!!!
For this card, I embossed the sentiment in white.  And I cut out all the die pieces for the home and put a heart on the roof.  One of the clouds is on a foam glue dot to stand out.  And I dry embossed the white background.





Patterned Paper:  American Crafts
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Core-dinations; Recollectiions
Stamp:  My Favorite Things - No place like home
Dies:  My Favorite Things - Home Sweet Home;  Stitched Circle
Versa Mark
Embossing Powder:  Stampendous
Embossing Folder:  Sizzix

Challenges
My Favorite Things - MFTWSC352
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 302-303 Anything Goes
Litte Red Wagon - Ch. 413 Heart & Home
Cardz 4 Guyz - Ch. 179 Architecture
Sisterhood of Crafters - Use your dies

9 comments:

Darlene said...

Fantastic! Love your design! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Use Your Dies!’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Fabulous card Lisa Lynn! Awesome dies..you nailed the sketch!

Brenda

Chrissy said...

Sketches and me do not get on at all but you have managed it perfectly with your adorable new home card Lisa...gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful new home card and love the textured look to the house
Carol x

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous card Lisa Lynn, love the heart on the home and that sentiment!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Julie B said...

Love the little scene you've created here, super new home card.
Thanks for linking up at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Janis Lewis said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz.
Janis, DT

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! It’s a perfect take on this week’s challenge. Lisa Lynn, I’m sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you find a peace with your decision. Hugs!