Monday, January 29, 2018

Hugs & Kisses FMS

My kids were here for the weekend which was great, but I wanted to spend sometime playing with my Distress Oxide Inks.  So I made a couple of cards with the Freshly Made Sketches for this week.  I masked the sentiment area with a banner die.  Then inked the Oxide Ink on, spritzed it with water and with the blotting of the paper towel it left an interesting pattern on the paper and I liked the texture.  I heat setted it, inked the sentiment and stamps.  Then I added a gem and sequins.  I kept it as a simple Valentine card.



Cardstock:  Recollection
Die:  My Favorite Things
Ink:  Distress Oxide - Fired Brick
        Memento - Tuxedo Black
Stamp:  My Favorite Things - X's and O's
Sequins: stash
Gem:  Mark Richards
Water & Paper Towel

Challenges
Dragonfly Journeys - Ch. 110 Power of Red
Card Mania - Ch. 100 Monochromatic
Mix it Up - Ch. 9 Anything Goes optional masking

7 comments:

Margreet said...

Great card. Love your technique of masking the sentiment area.
xxx Margreet

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Fabulous Valentine card Lisa Lynn! I must try this technique sometime! Glad you enjoyed you kids being home! We went to our sons this weekend...they are house hunting!

Brenda

Fikreta said...

lovely card
hugs

Jen Brum said...

What a fun card! Love the background! Perfect for Valentine's Day! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Loose Stitches said...

Gorgeous card my friend, love every detail!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your playing paid off, love the background and the simplicity of the design. Lisa
Faith
x

Jeannie said...

Hi Lisa Lynn! Great card and that background you created is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining my Power of Red blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys