Saturday, January 6, 2018

Congrats

Well, I know we all get busy with the holidays and the end of year festivities. My daughter's boyfriend has his car die, and he had to make the "BIG" purchase of getting a car.  As a woman, who is by herself, I know how stressful it is to make a car purchase...I also feel that it is that way for a young male making your first loan and big decision without your parents help.  So I made this card for him because I know that he likes his car, but is stressed if he made the "right" choice.
This is also for the Saturday Challenge at Catch the Bug which is an "Anything Goes" Challenge.  The sentiment is from TLC, Create.  I flipped a sketch from SSW2, I just didn't add all the bling since it was for a guy.





Patterned Paper:  Fancy Pants
Cardstock:  Recollections
Stamp: Bugaboo - Guy - car keys
Sentiment - TLC, Create - Congrats taggie
Bling:  Mark Richards
Chalk:  Unknown

Challenges
Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 - Favorite Sketch of 2017 - 126
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 316 - 317 Anything Goes
Male Room - Ch. 76 New Beginnings - New Car
Cute Card Thursday - Ch. 511 Anything Goes
Dragonfly Journeys - Ch. 108 Fresh Start

16 comments:

Jeannie said...

Hi Lisa Lynn! This is a great card and so thoughtful. I'm sure he was so happy to receive it from you. Thanks so much for joining my Fresh Start blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Chrissy said...

Fabulous masculine card Lisa and such a neat idea for him.I'm car hunting at the moment and really scared I will buy a lemon!!..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Lisa Lynn,
die Karte ist wunderschön gestaltet. Der Freund deiner Tochter hat sich sicher sehr darüber gefreut.
Ich wünsche dir ein schönes Wochenende. Ganz liebe Grüße herzlichst Silvi

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Wonderful card Lisa Lynn! I'm sure he appreciated your thoughtfulness! Fabulous coloring and papers...love the layout!

Brenda

Joanna M. said...

I love this card. Great papers and I really do think that he will treasure your thoughtfulness. Love the picture of them too.
~Jo

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous!! I love the image and the papers!! What a thoughtful card...I'm sure he will appreciate it!! Beautiful picture, too!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Chriss America Real said...

You are such a thoughtful person! What a wonderful card ! I am 16 years old and I just bought my first new car last December . It was the first time I purchased something on my own .

Hugs,

Chriss

Edwina said...

Such a cute couple! Love that photo. Your card you made is terrific! He will love it. Great job my friend! You are a caring person. Edwina Brown

Gail said...

Always a Joy to see what you have created Lisa Lynn - super GUY card - and who would not jump for joy getting the keys!

crafty-stamper said...

Great masculine card love the colouring and B.papers
Carol x

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous masculine card Lisa, love the image and papers! Such a sweet card to make for him! Beautiful picture too!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Fikreta said...

great card!

Rocky said...

That way a very thoughtful thing to do, I'm sure he loved it...and the car. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room.

Jo Ann said...

What a great masculine card. We are grateful that you joined our Challenge here at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with the inspiration tat comes from God's Word in Romans 1:17 which says, "For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.” Have a blessed week.

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Monika Skinner said...

Beautiful card and so fitting for the occasion. Hope the new car is running well. Thanks for playing along at the Male Room Craft Challenge. Good Luck!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A SUPER card for the young man who now has a great responsibility in owning his car.
Faith
x