Sunday, January 21, 2018

Celebrate Fifty

On Friday, I had to take my best friend for a surgical procedure so it was a crazy day.  Yesterday it was in the 40s here after we had it so cold, so that the 7 inches of snow that we got last week melted.  Now today we are expecting to have freezing rain...we can't win with this weird weather.  So I have been in a strange mood...so I decided to make a birthday card for my -ex husband who is EXACTLY 6 months older than me.  He is paranoid about aging so it is a revenge since I can point out his age, hehe.  I am mean...and it isn't a full moon.  I think age is only a number and you are only as old as you feel.  As a nurse we would refer to people being "old" for their age or "young" for their age and I totally agree.
For my card, I used a sentiment from TLC, Create.  I put three snowflakes on it with some twine, and kept it simple.





Sunset 1/20/18


Patterned Paper:  Verve (free sample that came with stamps)
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollection
Stamp:  TLC, Create - Celebrate Fifty
Dies:  My Favorite Things; Sizzix; Sugar Pea
Hemptique
Bling:  Recollectioins
Corner Rounder:  Creative Memories

Challenges
My Favorite Things - MFTWSC368
AAA - CAS Game - Ch. 107 Chilled
Crafty Catz - Ch. 400 Anything Goes with optional males birthday
Sweet Stampin' - Men's Cards
Cardz 4 Guyz - Ch. 186 January Blues
Creative Craft Cottage - Ch. 103 January Blues
Crafty Cardmakers - Ch. 203 Bling's the Thing

20 comments:

Julie B said...

A 'cool' masculine birthday card, love the kraft and blue.
So pleased you joined in at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Margreet said...

Haha, didn't know you are such a 'mean' person, Lisa Lynn, but you made your ex a stunning card with his age!
xxx Margreet

Sian said...

A lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian.

Josephine said...

Lovely card.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Lilly said...

A very stylish card, I love it. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Catz. Lilly (GDT)

Janis Lewis said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another wonderful male card, I did laugh at the "revenge", it's a very stylish card.
Faith
x

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Fabulous 50th birthday card Lisa Lynn! I love the light blue and kraft papers! Hope your ex appreciates it:)

Brenda

Aunty Sue said...

Great card and oh to be 50 again thanks for sharing at crafty catz in our ATG challenge this week hope to see you again very soon and dont forget we have a GDT call for February

Fikreta said...

Beautiful card
Hugs

NickScrapShack said...

Beautiful card! I love those blue and brown shades. Great layered snowflake and sentiment too.
Thank you for sharing your talent with us at CRAFTY CATZ. Good luck! Nick

Jane said...

Cool card, love the aqua and brown combo. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

LucieGCards said...

I love this colour combo so much! Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

https://bharatinayudu.com/ said...

Lovely birthday card. The snow flake adds such interest to the whole card n colors are working so well together. Thank you for playing along with us at AAA Cards challenge

Hugs
Bharati

tilly said...

a lovely card, simple always works lol, thank you for joining us at crafty catz challenge and hope to see you again soon
Tilly

Maike from Maikreations said...

Lovely card and a wonderful colour combination ;o) Thank you for playing along with us at the Crafty Cardmakers ;o) Happy crafting,
Maike

Sammy said...

Oh very pretty! Love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin'. Sammy-x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Very stylish card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

Lin said...

Giggling here at your lovely card for your ex, but having a slight and sly dig at his age!!! Fabulous

Thank you for sharing in my 'bling' challenge.

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous "50" card Lisa, haha, love the dig at your ex! It's good to have a little mean streak now and then, lol.
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads