Saturday, January 6, 2018

Think outside the box

Here in WI we have had a long stretch of COLD weather with wind chills that get -25 or -30 during the night.  People have been SICK!!!  There is the head colds, nasal congestion, but also the flu.  My son lives in SC and they also got snow which is unusual and he has been to the doctor twice and off of work all week.  My step-son is also in SC and has had the flu.  My daughter was complaining of a headache tonight.  All I want to do is stay well and keep everyone away from me!!!!  On Sunday we are suppose to have a break in this weather, but then will get hit with snow.
For my card, I took a piece of cardstock and swiped it through Distress Oxide inks and then heated it and spritzed some water on it and heated it again.  Then I die cut the shape out and inked the stamps.  The sentiment is computer font.
Hope everyone stays healthy!




Cardstock:  Recollections & Paper Company
Stamps:  My Favorite Things - X & O's
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black & Lady Bug Red
        Distress Oxides:  Worn Lipstick & Picked Raspberry
Dies:  My Favorite Things
Font:  Computer

Challenges
Atlantic Heart Sketch - Ch. 245
4CC - Ch. 384 Dies/Punches with a twist
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 316 - 317 Anything Goes
Love to Scrap - Ch. 105 Anything Goes
JUGS - Ch. 442 Anything Goes

17 comments:

Margreet said...

Wow, this is a great take on the sketch, Lisa Lynn....really thinking outside the box.
Hope you all stay healthy!
xxx Margreet

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun use of the sketch - Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Chrissy said...

Stay well and safe Lisa..love this card, such a clever one..

luv CHRISSYxx

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Awesome take on the sketch Lisa Lynn! I love the distressed oxide background! Sorry your kids have been sick...hope you don't get it! We have finally warmed up here and the sun is out!

Brenda

Edwina said...

Cute card! I understand. I hate being around my parents right now because they come home sick. I can't get sick with the surgeries in February I am facing. I hope you can stay well. Edwina brown

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card -I know how you feel quite a few had the flu here too
Carol x

Christine said...

What a fun card. Thanks so much for playing along at AHSC! Stay well!
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member

Golden Goddess Designs said...

sweet card! thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Challenge this week!

Alicia

foleysfriend said...

This is so clever and so CUTE! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

sue

Leanne said...

This is such a fun cute card, great job. Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leanne DT/4CC

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous card my friend, love the design! I don't want any sickness here either. Hope they are all feeling better.
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Ina G said...

Great take on the sketch Lisa. Lovely result with the oxide inks. Thanks for sharing at JUGS.

Annette Clark said...

This is such a great card, Lisa! I love the shade of pink and that you added the water color effect, the stitched dies you used for your "squares," and the clever sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Lisa said...

What a great card and great spin on the tic tac toe... LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing along with Atlantic Hearts!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Cute and fun card! Thanks for joining us at LTSCB
Tina dt

Fikreta said...

its so great card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So original, you certainly thought outside the box. A Wonderful card.
I hope you have got over your cold etc by now.
Faith
x