Friday, March 17, 2017

To my tweet friend on St. Patrick's Day

I know I haven't posted anything all week, but I've been making comments....Unfortunately, my 12 year old male Siamese cat Casio has been sick and has been found to have abdominal lymphoma.  In his youth, he was 14.5 lbs at his full weight, then 3 years ago after my husband passed away he stabilized at 11 lbs.  Then I took him in this fall and he was 9 lbs and then the other month he was down to 6.3 lbs.  He has always been the cat that has comforted me when I have been sad or anxious and he has been the Man of the House for the past three years so this is really difficult for me.  He has always greeted me when I would come home from work or from running errands.  He was put on steroids in February; however, he is now having lots of side effects from them so I am weaning him off of them.  So he has been getting a lot of attention this week and he doesn't want to be pet, but he just wants to be around me.  When I try to color he will sit on top of my paper.  My daughter is coming home tonight to spend the weekend with him since technically he is her cat, but she is allergic to him so she couldn't take him with her after college.
I did manage to get the Progressive Challenge for From the Heart colored and made an easel card.






Patterned Paper:  Core-dinations; Paper Studio
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Core-dinations; Recollections
Stamp & Sentiment:  From the Heart - Lucky Lil Birdie
Dies:  My Favorite Things
Corner Rounder:  Creative Memories
Gems:  Duct Tape
Chalk:  Stash
Ribbon:  Michael's
Border Punch:  EK Success
Button:  Bazzil
Jute:  May Arts
Clover:  Hobby Lobby

Challenges
From the Heart - March Stamp of the Month
Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 - Sketch 108
4CC - Ch. 342 Buttons
Sparkles - Ch. 90 Let's go green
Crafty Gals Corner - Ch. 119 Use buttons
Creatalicious - Ch. 111 Anything Goes with gems or pearls
Di's Designs - Lots of green
Glitter 'n Sparkle - Ch. 230 Use some green

17 comments:

Fikreta said...

very sweet card!
and cat is so pretty!
I want that cat :D
and it helping you with youur coloring!

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute, a gorgeous image and coloured so beautifully. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Stunning easel card Lisa Lynn! Gorgeous coloring and your papers match perfectly! So sorry your fur baby is sick! He is a handsome fella!

Hugs to you!
Brenda

Chrissy said...

Very cute card Lisa Lynn and I'm so sorry to hear about your poor cat..aww bless him wanting to be near you.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Edwina said...

What a pretty cat! You can tell he is ill though. I love cat's and still miss mine. She died 2 years ago. I love your card. The Tlc sentiment is great on it. Edwina Brown

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

This is adorable! And I see you have help, too! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges this week. Be sure to join us next week too!
Blessings,
CGC DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges

Imke said...

Great easel card, Lisa Lynn and i like the shamrock DP - it fits perfectly with the Birdie Image.

Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month March Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps !!

Heide said...

Great looking easel card. Love the fun image. Your helper is super cute too! Thanks for joining us this sketch. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

Tamie said...

Awe this image and layout are super cute! I am loving all of the green. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Buttons Challenge.

Tamie DT

Joanna M. said...

Aw, Lisa ... I am soo sorry to hear about your cat. We DO get attached to our fur-babies don't we?!! I lost my Siamese over Christmas. It was hard. Sending {{hugs}} your way. BTW: your card is super cute. I am ashamed to admit that I have never made an easel card ... your's is lovely. Please come back for our next challenge.
~Jo, SSW2-DT

Megan J said...

Hi Lisa, a super St. Patricks Day card love the easel and the gorgeous green papers you have used... have a lovely week... Megan

Blossom Cards said...

lovely cards for St Packtrics Day thanks for sharing with Creatalicious Rachel DT

Suzanne H said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cat. I am a cat lover too. I only had one cat a time until my daughter said they were lonely alone, so now we have THREE! Love your card.

Tip Top said...

Great use of the Stamp of the Month at From The Heart Stamps! Hope to see you again next month for our progressive challenge where you earn free stamps!

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional gems or pearls” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

Vickie Y said...

Sweet image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at the Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

Cazro said...

A most adorable card. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Hope to see you visit us again. Caz DT