Thursday, March 9, 2017

Watervase floral HB

Today I had the pleasure of going to the eye doctor and having my eyes dilated.  I need bi-focal contacts as well as a new glasses prescription so this was a very costly appointment.  I am having some dry eye problems as well as the beginnings of a cataract so I am feeling really old today.
I made a simple card with some cheery colors for the Card Concept Challenge.  I dry embossed a background and wet embossed the sentiment on velum.  The vase has a layer underneath of glossy paper.  I put pre-made flowers in the vase.




Cardstock:  Paper Studio; Recollections
Stamp:  Verve - Big Wish
Versa Mark
Embossing Powder:  Hampton Art - Black
Embossing Folder:  We Are Memory Keepers
Flowers:  Paper Studio
Die:  Sizzix

Challenges
The Card Concept - Ch. 68 Lime & Aqua (Clean & Layered)
Freshly Made Sketches - Sketch 278
Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
The Crafter's Cafe - Ch. 168 CAS
Allsorts - Ch. 405 Spring Inspiration
Fab 'n Funky - Ch. 341 Music or song inspired (Happy Birthday to You)
Glitter 'n Sparkle - Ch. 229 Inspired by music or song (Happy Birthday to You)


12 comments:

Barbara said...

Sorry for your eye problems. I know what that is like. Hope that it gets better. Love our dynamite card. So much real texture. Thanks for playing in the challenge this week at the Seize the Birthday.
Barbara DT member

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Awesome card Lisa! Love the velum! Sorry about your eye issues. I used mono vision contacts for a while, but couldn't see well enough to color with them and had to wear my glasses. I also tried bifocal contacts and they didn't work either! Good luck!

Brenda

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- love the flowers you added- so pretty! So sorry for eye problems- what are bifocal contacts? They wanted me to try (fail) one eye close and one longer vision as bifocal..... Hope it works out well!

Wendy L said...

So gorgeous, thanks for joining us Allsorts, xxxx

Fikreta said...

very nice card!

aussie aNNie said...

Different and nice. I just found a jar stamp in my old stash too, not sure who it's by maybe from a magazine freebie, but was thinking I need to play with it. xx ♥[aNNie]

brenda said...

Such a pretty card and wonderful take on the inspiration, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts Spring challenge.

B x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh no! That didn't sound like a fun appointment at all! The cataract is very scary (to me!). I don't like surgery of any kind! Good luck with your new glasses and contacts! Your card is gorgeous! So cheerful with those flowers!

laurie said...

So pretty! Love the texture on those flowers. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

N-Eva said...

Your card is beautiful and so elegant looking. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project at Fab'n'Funky challenge. Good luck . Neva

Hester said...

Gorgeous
Thank you for sharing with us at The Crafter’s Cafe and best of luck with your entry
Hester

Kim S said...

LOVE your big jar full of dimensional flowers! Your use of vellum is fabulous. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.