Thursday, February 28, 2013

Birthday Raccoon

We have a family friend who I need to get a birthday card out to.  This is a neighbor of my Mother's who son is turning 17.  When my Mom would babysit my children years ago she would get together with this neighbor who had children the same age so that the kids could play together.  Over the years, we have continue to stay friends.  Now that my daughter attends college in that area, she considers this Cody to be like a cousin to her because they have grown up together and now they do things together socially which is really neat.  Cody is on the Paint Ball team and my daughter is the secretary so they see each other on a regular basis.  It is comforting to me to know that she has a male watching out for her on campus.  This is card that I made for Owen.



Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye
Cardstock:  Bazzil, Recollection
Stamp: Christine Grove - Birthday Raccoon
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Happy Birthday 2 You (freebie several days ago)
Ribbon:  Offray
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug
Spellbinder:  Large Circle
Circle Punches:  EK Success

Challenges
Sweet Stop - Sketch 199
Digital Tuesday - Birthdays  http://digitaltuesdaychallenge.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is terrific! Thanks for playing at Papercraft Star!

Kathie said...

Oh Lisa your card is really cute and Cody is going to love it. You made my day this morning reading that Cody is on a Paint Ball team at College and your daughter the secretary. I don't think we have Paint Ball here as a sport just a leisure activity. I won't tell Liam other wise he'll want to go to that College that they attend. He would think that Paint Ball would be more fun than his swimming team, rowing and Soccer. LOL I'll keep that one a secret.
Take care and have a great weekend.
Hugs
Kathie

Penny said...

OMGoodness, this is so cute! Love that raccoon! Love your design & embossing, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Sylvia said...

Fun card, Lisa, love that raccoon! thanks for playing with us at the Papercraft Star.

Unknown said...

This is too cute! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop!

Allisa said...

Such a cute image. Thanks for playing with us at Papercraft Star!