Friday, February 8, 2013

Winter wonderland

Well, we got hit with snow yesterday and it was snowing into the evening so I thought I would wait until the morning to do the snowblowing and shoveling.  The problem is that there is wet  slush underneath so that everything is slippery.  My daughter is planning to dry home from college tomorrow am so hopefully she won't have any problems driving and I will have it all cleaned up by the time she arrives.  Merry Monday has a color challenge so that is where my inspiration comes from for that and then I used a stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie and this is how I will look tomorrow in my driveway.  Kraftin' Kimmie has to add texture so I tore strips of paper to add my layers of snow.  The patterned paper is a great set from TLC, Create and the sentiment is also from TLC.





Patterned Paper:  TLC, Create (see above for direct link)
Cardstock:  Bazzil & Recollection
Stamp:  Kraftin' Kimmie - Kool Kitty
Sentiment:  TLC, Create (see above for direct link)
Ink:  Memento, Black tuxedo

Challenges
Splitcoast - Sketch SC422
Kraftin' Kimmie - Texture (torn paper for snow)
Merry Monday - challenge 48


8 comments:

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute card Lisa Lynn, your snow kitty is fabulous. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Amanda R said...

Great idea to use the paper for snow! And unfortunately that is how we are gonna be looking soon too, lots of snow in the forecast here. Thanks for playing along with Kraftin Kimmies!

Penny said...

Awww, so cute! Love the image, the papers, and your "snow"! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Angie said...

This card is perfect after the snow day we just had. Fortunately my hubby has a plough so no need for shovelling here. Thanks for playing along with this weeks Kraftin' Kimmie challenge.

Lesley said...

You aced the colours this week with your sweet image! Cute card. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Bonnie said...

How cute, Lisa, although I know that shoveling snow isn't all that cute! Hope it wasn't too big a job and you got to spend some fun time with your daughter! I love the orange background! It reminds me of how beautiful the snow is when the sun comes out after. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Susan Joyce said...

Adorable image, I like your background DSP and you did a fantastic job on the colouring. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

Judy May said...

What a cute image and beautifully coloured, Lisa Lynn. Great use of the challenge colours. Thanks for playing this week at Merry Monday.