Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bunny Hop

This is a stamp that I just had to order since I think Magnolia stamps are just so adorable, and my kids' are so involved in dance.  I added a liquid applique to the tail, but I'm not sure it shows up well in the photograph.  The sentiment is from the TLC, Create club that just concluded yesterday.  Another club will be starting March 10th.  Yesterday we got 6.5 inches of snow so it is hard to believe that Easter is right around the corner.  I have to tell you of a wonderful thing, my parents bought us a great snow blower a couple Christmas' ago and we have been fortunate.  Our next door neighbor was out shoveling yesterday am and I went and helped him (and I did so a couple weeks ago).  He said that I didn't need to help him that he was alright with shoveling, but I said, "Let me help you finish this up, there isn't much left."  He went through cancer treatment this past year and is doing good and is always asking about my husband.  After I finished, he said, "I owe you."  And I told him, "You don't owe me, there wasn't that much to do."  Then yesterday I had a doctor appointment and ran some errands, I called my husband and was going to pick up some supper to bring home and he told me that the neighbor's wife had been over to deliver chili, bread, deviled eggs and would stop with dessert when it was finished.  WOW- we were not expecting that and it was delicious!!! It is wonderful to have such great neighbors.



Patterned Paper:  Bearly Mine
Cardstock:  Bazzil, Recollection
Stamp:  Magnolia - Ballerina Bunny Tilda
Ink:  Memento- Tuxedo Black
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Bunny Hop (Easter club)
Spellbinders:  Small and Large Petite Oval
Bling:  Zva
Flowers:  Zva
Liquid Applique

Challenges
Tuesday Morning Sketch - Sketch #187  http://tuesdaymorningsketches.blogspot.com/
Bearly Mine - Chl 75  Anything Goes

4 comments:

Penny said...

Love your story about the neighbors. :^) You get back what you send out; you sent out such kindness and it was definitely returned! How fabulous! :^)
Your card is so precious! Love the image, design, papers, and embellies. Love what you did with her tail, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Debbie said...

It is a blessing to have nice neighbors!!
Beautiful card!! I love the pink/gray combo and that image is so cute!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Tracey Manderson said...

Gorgeous card, love the pink and white. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine, Good luck and hope you will join us again
Hugs
Tracey
xxx

Melissa Craig said...

Oh my goodness.... she's absolutely precious. Love the card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.